Speak with an expert in 60 seconds - no wait!Call us free at 1800-607-1314
PROPIMEX-2 Amino acid-modified medical food
- Methionine- and valine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein; low in isoleucine and threonine.
- L-carnitine (900 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin and to help excrete toxic metabolites.
- Taurine (40 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin.
Nutrition support of children and adults with propionic or methylmalonic acidemia. Use under medical supervision.
- • Give only to children and adults with proven propionic acidemia or methylmalonic acidemia who are under medical supervision.
- • Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet isoleucine, methionine, threonine, valine and water requirements.
- • Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- • Not for infants under 1 year of age.
- • Do not heat or use in cooking.
- • Not for IV use.
Corn Syrup Solids, L-Alanine, L-Glutamic Acid, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Proline, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Leucine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine. Less than 2% of: L-Phenylalanine, L-Serine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Silicon Dioxide, Glycine, Modified Corn Starch, L-Histidine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, C. Cohnii Oil, Calcium Citrate, L-Tryptophan, Calcium Carbonate, Citric Acid, L-Isoleucine, Ascorbic Acid, L-Threonine, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Mixed Tocopherols, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin B12.