|Mepilex Border Post Op AG
|4 X 6 Inch
|Silicone Adhesive with Border
How Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag works
Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag is an all-in-one post-op dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate. The Safetac interface minimizes painful wound and peri-wound skin damage at dressing removal.1,2,9 The Safetac interface seals the wound edges, preventing exudate from leaking onto surrounding skin, minimizing risk of maceration.9 The flex-cut pad gives high flexibility and good conformability over joints, such as knees or hips, promoting patient mobilization.1 Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag inactivates wound related pathogens within 30 minutes with sustained effect up to 7 days.3-5 By reducing the number of microorganisms, Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag may also reduce odor.
Benefits of Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag
•Minimizes skin damage, including blistering
• Effective, sustained release of silver
• Very high absorption capacity leading to fewer dressing changes
• High flexibility giving very good comfort and conformability
• Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
• Wide transparent borders for easy wound area inspection
• Bacteria and viral barrier
• Shower proof
Indications for use
Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag dressing is indicated for the management of exuding wounds such as surgical and traumatic wounds. Mepilex Border Post-Op Ag can also be used under compression bandaging. Silver sulfate present in the dressing helps reduce microbial colonization in the dressing.