|Molnlycke Mepilex Border
|4 X 8 Inch
Foam Dressing Mepilex® Border With Border Silicone Adhesive
· A self-adherent, bordered foam dressing with Safetac® technology
· Absorbs exudate effectively and minimizes the risk of peri-wound skin maceration and erosion
· The film backing is moisture vapor permeable, moisture-proof, and provides a bacterial barrier
· Adheres gently yet securely to intact skin; does not require secondary fixation
· Mepilex Border is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, and traumatic wounds
The Mepilex® Border Foam Dressing is designed to be an all-in-one bordered dressing to treat acute to chronic wounds. Its polyurethane foam works well under compression and has been clinically proven to prevent pressure ulcers. Its effectiveness as a Foam Dressing is due to its five layers starting with the Safetac Technology Silicone layer. Since it has direct contact with the skin it ensures delicate and fragile skin isn't traumatized when the dressing is changed. It also allows exudate to transfer into the adjacent absorption layer. From there the exudate moves into an important retention layer that manages the exudate by distributing it upward and preventing it from going back into the wound to reduce the risk of maceration. Lastly, the waterproof backing film prevents bacteria from contaminating the wound while being a breathable barrier to maintain a moist wound environment.
The backing is tan to blend well with the skin. Its versatility as an all-in-one dressing offers protection for a wide range of wounds from ulcers to surgical wounds.