|Polyvinyl Alcohol Fibers
|2 X 2 Inch
How Exufiber works
Exufiber is a sterile, nonwoven dressing made from highly absorbent polyvinyl alcohol fibers. In contact with wound exudate, Exufiber transforms into a gel that facilitates moist wound healing and ease of removal during dressing changes2 . Exufiber is available both as a sheet and ribbon.
Benefits of Exufiber
• High tensile strength to enable one-piece dressing removal
• High retention capacity reduces the risk of leakage and maceration
• Absorbs and retains exudate, blood and bacteria
• Highly absorbent, even under compression therapy
• Efficiently transfers exudate
• Optimizes wound healing by reducing the risk of exudate pooling in the wound bed.
• May be left in place for up to 7 days
Indications for use
Exufiber is intended to be used on a wide range of exuding wounds:
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Partial thickness burns
• Surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Malignant wounds
Exufiber can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on wound condition or as indicated by clinical practice.